Pushing the Pause Button
June 9, 2020
The Foundation Board recently made the difficult decision that it would be best if we did not hold the Homeward Bound 2020 Golf Classic. The Homeward Bound Inc. Board is in agreement with the Foundation Board’s decision. Due to COVID-19, Minnesota Valley Country Club had to make many changes to their summer events. Our reasons for not having an event are below:
- The golf event format this year is such that we would have very little to no contact with our golfers/donors.
- No competition event.
- Since it would be the 25th anniversary of this event, our story will not be told and our large sponsors will get very little recognition.
- No dinner, no raffle, no mulligans and a much smaller on-line silent auction.
- Tee times beginning at 8:00 a.m. with the last team leaving at 2:00 p.m. and not being done until 7:00 p.m.
- Golfers only interacting with their team.
The Development Department will still work hard to retain donations that we have already received for this event and will be reaching out to other donors for their support. Our Foundation Board has decided that all donations received in honor of the golf event this year despite our need to cancel, will go to COVID-19 supports, such as overtime, hazard pay, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Between 3/15 – 5/15 Homeward Bound has spent over $204,000 on COVID-19 related expenses. The Homeward Bound Foundation and Inc. Board of Directors want to sincerely thank all of our staff for their hard work and diligence over these past few months.